- Instructor: email@example.com
- Lectures: 10
- Duration: 3 weeks
CERTIFIED SECURE COMPUTER USER (CSCU Certification)
Certified Secure Computer User
The purpose of the Certified Secured Computer User ( CSCU ) training program is to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. This class will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, sex offenders lurking online, loss of confidential information, hacking attacks and social engineering. More importantly, the skills learned from the class helps students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure in Certified Secure Computer User.
Why Certified Secure Computer User ( CSCU )
Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU)
The Certified Secure Computer User ( CSCU ) training program aims at equipping the students with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. The program is designed to interactively teach the students about the whole gamut of information security threats they face ranging from identity theft and credit card fraud to their physical safety. The skills acquired during the course of this program will Certified Secure Computer User .
not only help the students to identify these threats but also to mitigate them effectively.
This course has been designed by the EC-Council Federation to make the user understand the importance of protecting its information assets. The Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU) training course delivers fundamental knowledge of the various nasty cybercrime activities such as identity theft, credit card scams phishing scams, backdoors and viruses, e-mail hoaxes, loss of classified data, hackers, online sex offenders and social engineering that can destroy the organization’s security infrastructure.
After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the need and importance of data security.
- Implement Operating System security measures on their computers.
- Understand Malware and its symptoms.
- Make an informed decision about choosing the antivirus which is most relevant to their needs.
- Understand the risks associated with different online activities.
- Understand why and how to secure web browsers.
- Identify safe websites.
- Safeguard against the threats associated with online social networking.
- Understand how to make their social networking accounts secure.
- Understand the threats associated with email communications and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats to mobile devices and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats associated with cloud accounts and how to safeguard against them.
- Make an informed decision about a cloud service provider which fulfills their requirements.
- Understand the various types of networks and the threats associated with them.
- Configure a home network.
- Make their networks secure.
- Understand the threats to data and the need for data backups.
- Back-up and restore data on their computers.
- Destroy data permanently.
Introduction to Security
Securing Operating Systems
Malware and Antivirus
Securing Email Communications
Securing Mobile Devices
Securing the Cloud
Securing Network Connections
Data Backup and Disaster Recovery