EC-Council Certified Incident Handler
This latest iteration of EC-Council’s Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) program has been designed and developed in collaboration with cybersecurity and incident handling and response practitioners across the globe.
It is a comprehensive specialist-level program that imparts knowledge and skills that organizations need to effectively handle post breach consequences by reducing the impact of the incident, from both a financial and a reputational perspective.
Following a rigorous development which included a careful Job Task Analysis (JTA) related to incident handling and incident first responder jobs, EC-Council developed a highly interactive, comprehensive, standards-based, intensive 3-day training program and certification that provides a structured approach to learning real-world incident handling and response requirements.
ECIH is a highly interactive, comprehensive, high-standard, intensive 3-day training program
Professionals interested in pursuing incident handling and response as a career require comprehensive training that not only imparts concepts but also allows them to experience real-scenarios. The E|CIH program includes hands-on learning delivered through labs within the training program. True employability after earning a certification can only be achieved when the core of the curricula maps to and is compliant with government and industry-published incident and response frameworks.
ECIH is a method-driven program that uses a holistic approach to cover vast concepts concerning organizational incident handling and response from preparing and planning the incident handling response process to recovering organizational assets after a security incident. These concepts are essential for handling and responding to security incidents to protect organizations from future threats or attacks.
Learning Objectives of E|CIH Program
- Understand the key issues plaguing the information security world
- Learn to combat different types of cybersecurity threats, attack vectors, threat actors and their motives
- Learn the fundamentals of incident management including the signs and costs of an incident
- Understand the fundamentals of vulnerability management, threat assessment, risk management, and incident response automation and orchestration
- Master all incident handling and response best practices, standards, cybersecurity frameworks, laws, acts, and regulations
- Decode the various steps involved in planning an incident handling and response program
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of computer forensics and forensic readiness
- Comprehend the importance of the first response procedure including evidence collection, packaging, transportation, storing, data acquisition, volatile and static evidence collection, and evidence analysis
- Understand anti-forensics techniques used by attackers to find cybersecurity incident cover-ups
- Apply the right techniques to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic manner including malware incidents, email security incidents, network security incidents, web application security incidents, cloud security incidents, and insider threat-related incidents ECIH .